Work With Us
We’d love to hear from you if you love healthy food, a beautiful space, and being part of an energetic team!
As the FIELD & SOCIAL SHOP MANAGER you are accountable for daily shop operations at our downtown location. You are responsible for managing a team of 8-12 employees, scheduling, daily operations, and customer service. You are accountable for cultivating the FIELD & SOCIAL culture and team values. Full-time role Monday to Friday.
- Responsible for overall customer experience, quality of product, and presentation of salad shop
- Responsible to hire, train, motivate, direct, coach, and evaluate the shop team
- Rotating throughout service stations as needed, working alongside team – setting the tone for the shop
- Working with team leaders to ensure consistency when shop manager is not working
- You receive, deliver, and act on feedback positively. You are committed to achieving and exceeding shop goals. You maintain the FIELD & SOCIAL brand's distinct culture and community.
- Coordinating Back of House (BOH) and Front of House (FOH) to ensure quality and consistency in product and service
- Customer service management in store and online queries. You ensure all client issues and concerns are managed in a positive and timely manner.
- Liaising and coordinating with catering clients – ensuring seamless experience between client and team
- Ensuring supplies are stocked, menus are updated, equipment is in working order, and all front & back of house areas are impeccably organized and clean at all times
- Fluency with all front of house equipment and basic BOH equipment knowledge and trouble shooting
- Implementing and enhancing standard operating policies and procedures designed to support the shop, including updating and enhancing training documents.
- Working closely with the Kitchen Lead and Regional Chef to ensure success implementing a consistent menu based on revenue targets, Cost of Goods (COGS) budget, and labour budget
- Scheduling team based on projected sales and labour goals
- Tracking and reporting on COGS and Labour % to achieve goals as set out by the Company
- Reporting on inventory figures
- Reviewing daily and weekly sales
- Submitting hours for payroll
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- 1+ years prior supervisory/management experience in restaurants, coffee shops or health + fitness
- Demonstrated leadership experience (coaching, developing, or mentoring individuals)
- Exceptional communication skills - must be able to set clear expectations and give/receive feedback clearly and effectively
- Must be highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in the moment
- Food Safe Certification is an asset
- The opportunity to learn and develop in a growing business
- The opportunity to run, build, and develop a team
- Health benefits / insurance
- Complimentary food (as per staff meal policy)
- Ongoing leadership development